FIELD TRIPS AT THE BAKKEN
Registration for on-site field trips to The Bakken and The Pavek Museums for the 2021-2022 school year is now open!
|During each field trip, students explore the connections between science, engineering, and innovation in a dynamic, hands-on, guided inquiry-based workshop and either an interactive gallery tour of The Bakken Museum exhibits or a visit to the nearby Pavek Museum of Broadcasting. Students learn that when they wonder, try, discover, and share, they are engaging in the science, engineering, and/or innovation process. On the NEW Bakken tours, groups of students explore the connections between science, engineering, inspiration, and innovation through The Bakken Museum's galleries. Students will engage in hands-on challenges and interactives designed to spark curiosity, create conversations, and awaken the innovator in each of them. |
The Bakken Museum continues to closely monitor the impact of COVID-19 in our community. At this time, schools are asked to adhere to the following parameters when booking field trips:
October - December 2021
Reduced Capacity Guidelines
- Maximum of 2 classes (~60 students) per day.
- You may submit one registration for your entire grade but your scheduled dates will reflect the current limitation. For example, if you have 100 students in 4 classrooms at your school, you will be scheduled to bring two classes/per day on two separate dates. If safety guidelines allow it, we’ll condense your two dates into one once the school year is underway.
- Guided tours only. Whole class facilitated tours will not be offered at this time.
- All tours will be conducted in groups of no more than 15 participants. This must include the tour guide, the classroom teacher, and the chaperones. In the example above, a class of 25 students would be divided into 2 groups of ~12 students. Each group would then be allowed one or two adult chaperones.
- Limit of 3 chaperones per class (1 teacher + 3 chaperones per class).
- We know chaperones LOVE to come on this field trip, but given the current circumstances, chaperone numbers must be restricted. Chaperones are still necessary and expected at this ratio.
January - May 2022
Increased Capacity Guidelines
- Maximum of 4 classes (~120 students) per day
- You may submit one registration for your entire grade but your scheduled dates will reflect the limitation. For example, if you have 125 students in 5 classrooms at your school, you will be scheduled to bring three classes on one date and two classes on a second date.
- Guided or facilitated tours.
- Limit of 1 chaperone for every 6 students per class.
| FIELD TRIP OPTIONS:|
Select an option below to register and ﬁnd out more about each ﬁeld trip option.
|All workshops and tours support Academic Science Standards.|
|If you can’t come to The Bakken Museum, we'd be glad to bring our educators to you. Visit our Assembly and Residencies page or our Workshops page for details and availability.|
| || || |
| ||FIELD TRIPS FOR GRADE 3 |
| ||Explore energy or magnetism in one of two fun and informative hands-on workshops. Experience innovation to the max with a knowledgeable guide as you tour our new (and old) exhibits. |
| || || |
| ||FIELD TRIPS FOR GRADES 4-6 |
| ||The possible combinations are HUGE! Take a workshop on Energy, Engineering Design, Magnets and Electromagnets or Static Electricity AND experience innovation to the max with a knowledgeable guide as you tour our new (and old) exhibits or visit the nearby Pavek Museum of Broadcasting. |
| || || |
| ||FIELD TRIPS FOR GRADE 7-12 |
| ||Experience the new (and the old) Bakken Museum and get to the heart of who Mary Shelley was through Finding Frankenstein. |
QUESTIONS ABOUT FIELD TRIPS? CLICK HERE